Croatian tourism 365?
creativity & new technology
September 24th 2019 ZAGREB
The conference about development of year-round tourism
The conference 2017
Conference Croatian tourism 365? – 2nd step
The first conference about year-round tourism held in 2017 was exceptionally successful presenting experiences and thoughts of 30 eminent local and regional tourism experts and attracting nearly 300 participants – hotel, spa, tourist companies and crafts, tourist agencies, tourist boards and cities. We have received many praises for the initiative and organization and especially for the selection of topics and lecturers from Croatia, Slovenia, Austria, Hungary and Bosnia and Herzegovina. It can be seen here.
This year our goal is to present and discuss potentials, opportunities, positive practices and solutions for development of year-round tourism in Croatia and to develop suggestions on how to stimulate and develop it. We will highlight the necessity of developing destinations as a prerequisite for the season extension and also cultural tourism since we are in the year of cultural heritage. We will bring a number of domestic and foreign experts who will share their knowledge and positive experiences and participate in well-conducted panel discussions.
We will get answers to a number of issues related to the development of tourism and especially tourist destinations, which requires cooperation, determination and perseverance, but also creativity and authenticity. Do we need a clear strategy for the development of year-round tourism? How to attract serious investors? What can local government do and can each of us be the holder of the development of year-round tourism? Do we have enough knowledge about it? How to ensure the required quality and how to follow world trends? Conference Croatian Tourism 365 – 2nd step will give us answers to that!
The patron of the conference is Ministry of Tourism of the Republic of Croatia.
The conference objectives are
- to identify potentials, opportunities, positive practices and solutions / recipes for the development of all-year tourism in Croatia
- to meet the successful experiences and practices of neighbor countries
- to develop a solution of the Croatian concept of development of all-year tourism with the active participation of representatives of key tourist and economic institutions and business entities from Croatia and experts from the region (Slovenia, Austria, Hungary, Italy, Serbia)
- to introduce solutions to ensure the required quality and innovation at the global level
The conference will offer new knowledge and ideas for small and medium-sized enterprises, entrepreneurs and crafts, as well as motivation for large tourism companies and encouragement for their development; also some solutions for new investment steps and the realization of numerous competitive advantages of which the development of the whole yearly tourism depends.
The conference is intended to:
- Tourism companies
- Entrepreneurs and small tourism companies participating in tourism process and income
- Representatives of tourist and economic institutions
- Representatives of tourist boards
- Professional and other associations
- To other persons and entities that are, or could be, involved in Croatian tourism
Why to participate?
- The first conference that deals with all-year tourism in Croatia
- The conference brings together key tourism institutions and experts from Croatia and the region
- Event in which everyone who sees potential in 365 tourism must participate
- Opportunity for direct impact on the development of all-year tourism in Croatia
- The right meeting and communication place
- The source of new knowledge and ideas and educational panels
- Networking – new business opportunities, getting to know new partners
The conference will focus on:
- Successful cases from practice – Slovenia, Austria, Hungary and Croatia
- Identification of Croatian potentials and mistakes in the development of all-year tourism
- Analysis of potential tourism contents and offers
- How to be different – authenticity and preservation of traditional and cultural heritage
- Trends in all-year and continental tourism in the world and how to follow them and create them
- Formula for the development of all-year tourism / destination in Croatia – what is needed by the state, local government, the local community, potential investors, entrepreneurs, the local population
The conference is one-day, dynamic, organized in the form of short lectures of experts and examples of successful practices and panels that will discuss and create potential solutions of the topics.